If you’re unfamiliar with AdWords, it’s simply a pay-per-click service which allows you to create and run ads for your business. These clickable ads are then displayed in Google’s search results. By using the right keywords for your target audience.
1. AdWords is Measurable and Flexible
One of the main advantages that online marketing has over traditional marketing channels, like TV or print, is that it’s extremely easy to measure. However, it can be a challenge to effectively measure your SEO campaign since you can’t always get a precise measurement on what increased or decreased your rankings.
AdWords is also flexible because it has customizable options for your campaign to suit your particular needs. For example, AdWords can be used to:
- Specific keyword match types – This allows you to display your ad for exact keyword searches. So, you could set it up to “New York pizza,” as opposed to general searches for “New York” or “pizza.”
- Ad extensions – This give you the ability to display everything from product images, contact information, to a pack of links to your site.
- Narrows your audience – You can have it set up so that you can discover your audience by their location, the time of day, their language, and even their browser or device they’re using.
- Access to non-search sites – Gmail, YouTube and lots of other of partner sites are at your fingertips.
- Leverage the display network – This can help you establish brand awareness.
2. Faster Than SEO
A huge drawback with SEO is that it can take months before you notice any results thanks to competition and the time it take to “prove itself”. This is not the case with AdWords. Once your AdWords campaign goes live, ads will appear and you’ll get instant results, like visitor data.
Not only will this bring in a little bit of money right away, but because of its speed, you have the time to discover how effective your keywords are, which can then be used to construct an effective SEO campaign based on your AdWords data.
3. More Engaging
Google is constantly improving AdWords because it’s one of its primary sources of income. Along the way Google noticed that product listing ads and in-video ads on YouTube get more more clicks from users. These engaging ads mean more revenue for Google, and advertisers as well because of new ad formats and extensions.
4. Can Control Your Advertising Costs
Here’s something that’s really awesome about AdWords. You can set a maximum cost per day for your campaign. And, it’s help to you on how much that amount is set at. How does this help your business? It allows you to budget your campaign accordingly without worrying if you’re going to go over budget.
5. Helps Beat Your Competitors
Because of the speed of AdWords, when compared to SEO, you have a major advantage of your competitors. Because you’ll already be appearing in search engines, your site will be receiving more clicks from search results than all of the other companies in your industry.
By: Jonh Rampton